It is already the 5th time that CH24.PL selects and awards the best timepieces from the past 12 months.
Time flies, and although it is a hard to believe, we’re just launching the 5th, jubilee edition of the CH24.PL “Watch of the Year”. Just as in 4 previous installments, international jury select what’s best from the watch industry over the course of last year (since September 2013). All nominated timepieces – you’ll find full list below – present almost entire spectrum of the industry. Quartz powered, indestructible Victorinox and budget-friendly, revolutionary mechanical Swatch are affordable watches for every pocket, just opposite to the A. Lange & Sohne Terraluna with perpetual calendar and celestial map or ultra-thin, automatic minute repeater tourbillion form Jager-LeCoultre. Watchmaking returns to classic and it might be a good thing. After all the more and less interesting trends the true value is to be found in true art of watchmaking, and what’s most vital in it – functionality and precise timekeeping.
Anniversary edition also present new, enlarged jury, composed of 10 expert journalists: Łukasz Doskocz (EIC CH24.PL), Tomasz Kiełtyka (founder and editor CH24.PL), Elizabeth Doerr (EIC Quill&Pad), Tomasz Jakubas (CH24.PL), Dariusz Chlastawa (president of Polish Watch and Clocks Collectors Club), Kristian Haagen (Timegeeks.dk), Miguel Saebra (Espiral do Tempo), Frank Geelen (EIC Monochrome), Amr Sindi (theHorophile.com) and Rafał Jemielita (Playboy, Automaniak).
All the winners will be announced beginning of November, and the grand gala of the “Watch of the Year” (including the Grand Prix award and the Special Jury Prize) will be held in Warsaw’s Sobanski Palace on November 6.
You can take part in the competition, selecting the “Public Prize” by a vote on the official WOTY website. You select one watch from all the nominated timepieces.
- A. Lange & Söhne Grand Lange 1 Moon Phase
- Breguet Classique Tourbillon extra-plat automatique Ref. 5377
- De Bethune Digitale
- Omega De Ville Trésor Master-Co-Axial
- Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Contemporaine Ultra-Thin Calibre 1731
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Navy
- Cartier Calibre de Cartier Diver
- Patek Philippe Nautilus Travel Time Chronograph Ref. 5990/1A
- Richard Mille RM35-01 “Rafa”
- Speake-Marin Spirit Wing Commander
- A. Lange & Söhne Richard Lange Perpetual Calendar Terraluna
- Greubel Forsey Quantième Perpétuel à Équation
- Grönefeld Parallax Tourbillon
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Hybris Mechanica Eleven
- Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight Planétarium Poetic Complication
- Bovet Récital 9 Tourbillon Miss Alexandra
- Breguet Reine de Naples Jour/Nuit
- Christophe Claret Margot
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Hybris Artistica Rendez-Vous Celestial
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers d’Art Fabuleux Ornements
Innovation in watchmaking:
- De Bethune DB29 Maxichrono
- Swatch Sistem51
- TAG Heuer Monaco V4 Tourbillon
- Ulysse Nardin Anchor Escapement
- Urwerk EMC
Watch priced up to 10.000PLN:
- Frederique Constant Healey GMT 24H
- Longines Heritage 1935
- Nomos Metro
- Tudor Heritage Black Bay Blue
- Victorinox Inox
All about the 2014 Watch of the Year can be found on the official competition’s website www.zegarekroku.pl/en/.