Let’s start our periodic series of articles where want to x-ray some notable wrists of people whom assets earned from music, film or sports are located in rather fancy watches. We did our first scan on the wrist of a very young British redhead artist who already gathered a collection that we can just discribe by the word “REMARKABLE”.
Admit this – it’s rather impossible that there’s a single person on the globe with access to electricity, that haven’t heard any track from Ed Sheeran. Just look at Spotify stats – his songs has been played over 6 billion times in 2017 and that’s just a tip of the iceberg as there’re youtube, soundcloud, stationary record stores etc. where his music is just ineviteable (I bet you’re now singing ‘Shape of you’ while reading this sentence). Thanks to this simple maths, our hero can live a pretty decent life and don’t have to count that much his expenses which clearly can be seen in his growing watch collection that is probably the most prestigious from XXI showbiz celebrities (sorry John Mayer!).
1) Best way to start describing the sophisticated level of Ed’s collection is the fact that one of the most modest watches seen on his wrist is the ROlex 116655 so the Yacht Master, in rose gold obviously.
2) That Rolex was one of the less complicated watches he possess and to this group we can also add the classic AP Royal Oak Offshore Volcano (yeah, those are still the ‘no frills watches).
3) Another Rolex, but a little bit harder one to get that Ed was proudly sporting at Victoria’s Secret collection exhibition in 2014, was ref. 6241 so the vintage Daytona from the Paul Newman’s line named to pay hommage to the actor’s taste in those particular chronographs.
4) We couldn’t finish off mentioning AP in Ed’s collection just by the above “Volcano”, so another RO seen on Ed’s wrist is coming from totally different league. Due to the fact that he had a sprained shoulder once and was wearing hand in a sling, there was a lot of attention to his wrist in general. Why not to wear a heavy weight RO GMT Tourbillon Concept as seen on the screen shot from Jonathan’s Ross talk-show then?
5) Among many different brands that our hero is sporting on his wrist, there are two that deffinitely stand out from the rest, not only considering the fact of the various models appearing in his collection, but maybe even more related to level of complications and rarity that those watches have.
First is the good old Richard Mille for whom Ed definitely increasing selling revenues from the top of the line watches because the cutting edge tourbillons are mostly appearing on his wrist (aka 700k – 1M bucks for each of the below timepieces):
RM 26-02 „Evil Eye” Tourbillon
RM 38-01 Bubba Watson G-Sensor Quartz TPT
RM 27-03 Tourbillon Rafael Nadal
6) Second brand that seems to be very close to his heart (and wrist automatically) is the good old Patek Philippe that also surely sends him lot of ‘thank you notes’ after new acquisitions.
Patek Philippe 5130R podczas przyjęcia Orderu Imperium Brytyjskiego
Patek Philippe 5726 z rocznym kalendarzem
Patek Philippe 5524 Calatrava Pilot Travel Time
Patek Philippe 5004 Split Seconds Chrono z arabskim cyferblatem
And finally, the PP’s creme de la creme, here’ probably the newest addition to Ed’s collection.
Patek Philippe 5208 so the purest form of Grande Complicaions line with minute repeater, perpetual calendar and chronograph for over 1,1M USD. As seen live on Brit Awards 2018, this watch is for a lot of connaisseurs an ultimate holy grail and it’s probably one of the most exclusive timepieves ever seen on celebrties wrists.
Nice one Mr Sheeran, nice freaking one.